Are you a First Responder who is ready to repair from years of cumulative trauma in just one day? Join us for a group EMDR intensive.
Clear out years of trauma in 1 day rather than 6 months or more of weekly “talk therapy.”
While we are available to provide a group intensive on-site for individual departments, the open groups we offer are completed online by zoom. Join us from the comfort and privacy of your home.
Small group size: max 12.
Fee: $250 for the entire day which includes over 5 hours of processing. (Please note, due to the structure of intensives, we can’t bill to insurance companies.)
How it works:
- Once you register we will send you a link to connect by zoom.
- Clear your schedule for the day from 9am to about 5pm. Get some printer paper and some crayons. We strongly recommend using a computer or laptop but a tablet or phone will work too in a pinch.
- We will start the day by introducing the team (we partner with trained First Responder Peer Supporters to co-facilitate)
- We’ll introduce emotional regulation techniques and the bilateral stimulation (processing) techniques.
- Then we get to the good part: we will begin processing which includes a tapping technique and drawing a picture of what’s coming up for you. This will be repeated as you move through the day.
- We’ll take breaks throughout the day including 45 minutes for lunch.
- Keep in mind, there’s no open sharing of what’s coming up for you and you don’t have to share your drawings. This protocol is individual processing administered in a group setting.
- We do have a pre/post assessment we will ask you to fill out.
- Keep in mind, there’s a reason why it’s called intensive! In total, you will be processing for about 5 hours. Seriously, it’s a lot.
- If, after processing, you find you need additional assistance, we are here to make that happen.
Interested? Email us at email@example.com or complete the contact form to request more information and find out about our upcoming intensives schedule.